Sunday, June 10, 2012

THE ONE RUPEE GUY!!





I was in Std. 4 ... A Kid that small has an IQ, understanding,  Maturity, Bar Of Bliss... and Melancholia and a many other tings to a very limited extent.

When I say limited...  I mean very lil.. negligible in some cases

He is not gonna be ambitious .. The medals he wants to hang on his wall right now are not from IIT, on a particular Subject ...

But a sac race, long jump or some sort of an Elementary maybe. 

He is not concerned about anybody's emotions right now..

He won't think before talking ..  

No girlfriend issues...
Quite contrary sum of 'em even hated gals back then. I did... 

But the fear of losing anything you love is there at that age too ...  

Then be it a Toy ... A Pet ... A Friend .. or A family member,... 

I Had it with a Coin.

A ONE RUPEE COIN ... I cnt say I particularly LOVED it.
But I did have a fear of losing it ...

It made me a Celebrity amongst my people..  

Now it wasn't just Any one rupee coin ... It was a One rupee from 1947... 

Now in 1947... That was worth a Lott .. Coz Paisa was fashion back then.

Soo holding a souvenir from 1947 made me feel WANTED... and outta the crowd back then..

Almost lyk Jack black in Gulliver travels! ....

Or  .. Jack black in King Kong... When he gets King kong in U.S. ... *Snap* ... A Slumdog director gets Famous n Pompous.

Though It was like.. just a One Sight Thing ...but The pride of carrying it along ... Was magnanimous fo me back den.

Now to carry it with me everyday 2 school ... Was no less den actually sneaking sumbody inside d school!!

As anything other then a complete uniform set(i.e. Shirt, Tie, bottom short ... Socks matching the Clothing .. Black shoes, ID card and a Belt.. with the ugly school logo on all of them), could not be brought by a student to school.

Wrist watches... Wallets... Chains and lockets.. were confiscated in huge stock.  

We couldnt even bring money to school! 

Even the most vivacious one's neva got anything... 

It alwayz looked lyk 2 dozen people wer just appointed 2 make tht certain..

In that midst... Me gettin a coin ... was NOT just bringing money to school..

For me it was something .. Which was gonna make me rich someday, when I sell to some hot shot coin collector ...(After all the fiction I read and saw Till that Age.. This was my idea about that coin)


So I thought .. Even if,  it wouldn't have been against school policy to get rid of it..

The Authority would still make up sum excuse and get rid of me and take the coin..

Excuse the 4th grader mentality ... 

So anyway... I would keep the coin in the right back pocket of my pants... 

Weneva I'd check fo it .. By placing my hand.. and I wudnt find it ...  My Heart would skip a beat, and then when I find that the coin ws jst in anadr pocket... I'd take both two beats together .. it always felt Euphoric ...  

People actually entitled me "The One Rupee Guy" ... The Title I carried fo lyk 4-5 yrs from den! ...
Now tht was 2003 ...


Image of My One Rupee Coin





Coming back to 2012...

1) I still hav d coin! J

2) I dnt wish 2 make a fortune outta it! ... 




I neva actually ever asked anybody if it could be sold, and I never will... 

Well ... It still amuses a lotta people when they see the coin, but honestly when I hand over the coin to anybody to have a look, I wanna have it back ASAP..

For me I've ripped my heart out and handed over 2 him/her/it ... to show off how big my Aorta is... 

I get hysteric n neurotic when sumbdy even vaguely jokes about stealing it.. :-| ...

I barely remove that coin ...

But weneva I open my wallet ... and I see d coin right baside my mum's picha... It does bring a smile..J

I'm not a guy who plans things for near future ... But if Mayans are incorrect ... If I hav a family ... and most importantly If I still hav dis coin with me..

I'm gonna give it 2 my son(I know its gonna be a Son K

I'm gonna make it a legacy kind of a ting! .... 
.












No comments:

Post a Comment